Christian Life Center is South Florida Pentecostal Church that strives to impact our community and world for Christ! We are a people and a church that take a Message of Hope everywhere we go, to everyone we meet.
Our organizational needs have expanded, and we are seeking a talented accounting professional that we can add to our team as they use their gifts to serve our staff and congregation. This position will be a part of a small team that is responsible for various accounting/business operations of the church and accompanying schools. The role will directly support the Director of Finance & HR and will require a strong understanding of accounting.
The ideal candidate is one who has received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. He/she shall be a person of spiritual maturity and leadership abilities that will allow him/her to serve in their gifting.
- Love for God: Personal, vibrant and loving relationship with Jesus Christ
- Compatibility: Ability to work with and maintain positive relationships with those inside and outside the church
- Trustworthy: Discernment in handling sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
- Communication: Demonstration of excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Teachability: Willing and able to learn new systems and procedures
- Manage financials for church, elementary and/or preschools
- Oversee stewardship process
- Manage insurance renewals for commercial and health
- Oversee vendor contracts and lease arrangements
- Oversee annual audits for worker’s compensation
- Prepare financials for monthly close and reconciliation
- Prepare and lead annual budget process
- Conduct monthly and quarterly analytical business reviews
- Lead development and maintain oversight of audit procedures
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll process for all entities
- Address correspondence and special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance
- Mandatory 10 years or more of full cycle accounting and financial systems experience
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Proven budget preparation and execution
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead team members and complete a project from inception to final product
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines
- Must be skilled in the Microsoft Office suite of applications
Excellent communication skills are required to be able to effectively communicate the financial position and financial aspects of the church to its leadership. It is also essential to be able to communicate clearly and effectively with people that have little or no financial or accounting experience.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume if interested in applying.
Fort Lauderdale Campus