Christian Life Center is South Florida Pentecostal Church that strives to impact our community and world for Christ! We are a people and a church that take a Message of Hope everywhere we go, to everyone we meet.
Our organizational needs have expanded, and we are seeking a talented accounting professional that we can add to our team as they use their gifts to serve our staff and congregation. This position will be a part of a small team that is responsible for various accounting/business operations of the church and accompanying schools. The role will directly support the Director of Finance & HR and will require a strong understanding of accounting.
The ideal candidate is one who has received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. He/she shall be a person of spiritual maturity and leadership abilities that will allow him/her to serve in their gifting.
- Love for God: Personal, vibrant and loving relationship with Jesus Christ
- Compatibility: Ability to work with and maintain positive relationships with those inside and outside the church
- Trustworthy: Discernment in handling sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
- Communication: Demonstration of excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Teachability: Willing and able to learn new systems and procedures
- Manage financials for church, elementary and/or preschools
- Maintain fixed assets and depreciation reports
- Oversee stewardship process
- Conduct monthly and quarterly analytical reports in Excel with Director of Finance
- Assist in development and oversight of audit procedures
- Maintain files related to areas of responsibility
- Address correspondence and special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance
- Assist in processing bi-weekly payroll
- Conduct account reconciliation
- Perform record keeping and data entry tasks
- Mandatory 3 years or more of actual accounting experience
- Mandatory 3 years or more of financial systems experience
- Associate’s Degree or Higher in Accounting/Bookkeeping
- Must be skilled in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Experience with in-house software a plus (i.e. Church Community Builder, Pushpay, ShelbyNext)
- Ability to take direction and work with a team
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to complete a project from inception to final product
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines
Excellent communication skills are required to be able to effectively communicate the financial position and financial aspects of the church to its leadership. It is also essential to be able to communicate clearly and effectively with people that have little or no financial or accounting experience.
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
All initial interviews will be conducted virtually via telephone, Microsoft Teams, or Zoom. This position will report to the church Business Office, which is a private, closed office space, however some duties may be performed remotely.
Email email@example.com with resume if interested in applying.
Fort Lauderdale Campus